K first, this is NOT my car. This is what my car looked like (100%) after the accident. The whole front bumper came off!
I am a new and young driver. Yes, i need a GPS definitely, because i am still unfamiliar with the roads in Arizona. This GPS is way outdated, got it from my dad's friend! Currently they are building new roads here in Chandler... So most of the time when i'm driving, the route that i'm going to cuts off out of a sudden.
So when i'm driving, this GPS starts "RECALCULATING". It told me turn left at first but suddenly it told me to go straight. I was shocked and i was fiddling with it and i swear i'm bad at multi-tasking. The green light changes red so quickly and i hit the car in front of me. :( I was shocked.
She's a really nice person. She did not blame/ scold me. Her parents came over to the scene of accident and they even smiled at me after i apologize. I have an insurance to cover up for her car. ( Her car was slightly dented), mine was worse though. I do not have an collision insurance to cover for my car, i have to pay for the auto body collision repair from my own pocket, which cost alot of money!
My car was towed away to the tow yard. The police drove me to the nearest shopping mall and from there i took a cab back home. I was in tears. I don't know why but i was really terrified after the accident. I do not have family members here in US, nobody to help me, nobody to pick me up after the accident. I DO NOT have insurance in the car so the police gave me a fine ticket. So I currently have 2 fine tickets, failure to stop at red light + no mandatory insurance) So i have to go to court and show them that i DO have the insurance but i left it at home, and they will cancel the fine ticket off my records. I WILL go to traffic school, again. Because i felt that i need more practice in order to be a better and safer driver. Once i complete this, they will cancel this "failure to stop at red light" ticket of my records:)
However there are alot of work to be done though:( Plus i have school everyday. I'm trying my best to balance up. i have not started studying YET, and that's making me a lil worried. really.
Ok and i have another BIG PROBLEM. The tow company was EXTREMELY annoying. They wouldn't allow me to take my car back because i am not the owner. My dad is. And the owner HAVE TO come over to the tow office, sign the papers and release the car himself. BUT, he's in Singapore. I explained to them several times and they just wouldn't care. So, I have to think of something to get my car out. If the car is just gonna continue sitting there in the tow yard, it's gonna add up $30 per day. They told me my tow bill was $300! I have to bring it to a freaking stop!
1) The tow company said that my dad could sign a POWER OF ATTORNEY in a bank, get it signed, notarized, stating that i could collect the car on his behalf. But guess what, my dad emailed me and said NO BANKS here in SG does that, except the law firms, but it cost way too expensive.
2) The other way is to get the insurance company to release the car. BUT, I DO NOT have a tow insurance! Never mind, i added in last minute:), I pretended to be the owner over the phone. So total it only cost me only $40 per year. So the insurance company asked me if i have any bills there. I said yes, $300. And they said, Ok, you HAVE TO pay any bills first before we can release the car. So i said fine, i can do that!
3) I called the tow company that i'm going over to PAY THE BILLS and the insurance company would release the car. And guess what the tow company said?!!? SORRY, YOU ARE NOT THE OWNER, SO YOU CAN'T PAY ANY BILLS.
4) I was so pissed off, i immediately exploded and told her that i wanna speak to her manager. So i spoke the her manager and surprisingly, he is sooo nice! So he said, ok i will ALLOW you to pay the bills unless you get the owner to CALL the the insurance company to fax us a letter of PROOF that the owner wants to release the car. So i said, ok i can do that.
5) So i called the insurance company and PRETENDED TO BE THE OWNER. The insurance card is under my dad's name. It didn't state MR or MS. SO I tried my luck! A really funny convo
Me: Hi I am the owner of the car. I need you to fax a PROOF to the tow company that i want to release the car. Before that, I have some tow bills to pay too.
Insurance: Why do you need this proof? Wouldn't you be there to pay the bills? Just show them your Driver's license and they would release the car to you.
Me: Nope, i am not in Arizona. My sister is going there to pay the bills. Her name is Quinne.
Insurance: Oh ok, what is your name?
Me: My name is Ms Johnner Tan ( Lol that's my dad name, luckily it is an "unisex" name? lol)
Insurance: What is your policy number?
Me: AOS- 123-456-789
Insurance: Alright i need to verify your information that you're the owner. What is your address under your insurance policy?
Me: 866W 880N, Orem Utah
Insurance: Oh ok, that's correct. What is your birth date?
Me: 10 march 1963. (then i'm like thinking oh my freaking gosh my voice sounds like a little lady and i'm 50 yrs old SHIT)
Insurance: Oh... haha you sounded like you're 20 or something
Me: Really?! Thanks for the compliment!
Insurance: Alright, everything seems good here. I will fax over to them the letter of proof.
Me: Amazing, Thank you!
SO YES i cabbed there and paid the bills:) The car was released and towed to Autopro collision repair shop. I've called autopro and they said they will only charge me $850 for a front bumper replacement. They offered free tow from the tow yard to the repair shop too. Other shops cost me about $1000+ in total. I decided to go for Autopro because the staffs are really friendly over the phone and the price is fairly reasonable. I am very happy to know that my pontiac g6 it's safely there now:)
End of story of this whole crazy car accident thing. Thank god it's done. What a hassle!

No comments:
Post a Comment