Pastor prince shared that this year will be the year of God's restoration. Although I did not have the opportunity to listen to Pastor Prince's message in new creation church singapore a few days back, I am always active on Pastor prince's/ NCC fb page to look out for updates, and messages about the gospel of Grace. Nothing is too big for my God to handle, and this year, i believe that he is able to restore whatever that was lost, stolen in our lives and make it beautiful in Christ. He can take literally anything that is broken and make it beautiful, you just have to ask for it, pray for it, stand by faith and believe that god can turn bad things into good. No doubt, I can honestly say that 2014 has been a pretty bad year for me. From poor health to bad relationships, i was harassed by all kinds of trials and obstacles that made me question the true meaning of life and why i had to go through so much pain to get where I want to be. This shaken my faith a little and I started to drift away from church, which was something i never thought i'd end up in. When things go bad, I tend to focus on myself and on my human effort to turn things around, than to focus on God who is bigger and greater than anything else. I grew up in the church and have never skipped church due to stupid reasons, unless i was sick/ traveling/ something REALLY important cropped up. Other than that, i don't have any other reasons to do so because I have always been a very faithful christian. Last summer, i had the opportunity to go back to SG to visit my friends and grandma, and i was excited because that was my very first experience traveling to the other side of earth all by myself. However, i was disappointed by the fact that I never kept my promise about going to church EVERY sunday and not skipping church due to excuses/ lame reasons. I did make it for church a couple of times with my aunt and uncle, but on other days, i tend to sleep in on sunday mornings due to hangover and shit or feeling extremely shag. And then i started to feel all guilty, telling myself that i will stop hanging out till so late on saturday nights, but the same shit happened again every single week. This year, I tell myself that this will never happen again. I have to constantly remind myself, what are my priorities now? I was extremely unfaithful back in sg, but god is always faithful. He doesn't remember how bad you were, but instead, he is always merciful to their unrighteousness and their sins he will remember no more. This is what i am extremely thankful about.
So I believe that this year will be a great year, god will restore what was lost and make it beautiful. He will come back and pick up the pieces from all the places where you were scattered. No matter how far away you end up, God, your God, will get you out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment