Wednesday, April 25, 2012

ASU Freshman Orientation

Photobucket
Photobucket

It was really scary during the Orientation. I went alone. My parents did not wanna come because they will have to pay a $75 guest fee. So they dropped me off at school.

It was horrible. I was alone, scared, lonely, afraid but i just kept calm. I was surprised to see like ALL the students with their Mum or Dad. They really paid the guest fee to have one of their parents to accompany them. Like seriously? And i'm like a freaking loner? So who cares i explored all the booths by myself, get information, Took a freebie bag with a T-shirt and brochures inside, took a photo for my ASU ID sun card. I sat alone, and after an hour, All the students have to be separated from their mum or dad to attend a "Classroom tour" thingy and register for classes.

So while walking there i actually make new friends. Surprisingly? I thought i am gonna be a loner forever but they are actually are really friendly. So i made a couple of friends, sat together and we had lunch together till we parted home. It was a really great experience. There was only 1 Asian girl there and she told me she was Korean. She spoke with a really strong American accent. I was shocked to hear that she could actually speak so well. After that i found out she grew up in America, Virginia. Wow.

The rest were all whites but really fun to mix with. I did not speak Singlish AT ALL because i'm afraid they'll be like "wth are you talking about?". So i spoke proper English, stumbled a lil here and there, but all was well. I definitely need more practice. Took a photo together but i will upload soon, i look ugly in the photo though.

They will be starting school in the Fall. Hais! For now i hope i can make friends in the summer. Pray hard. :)

No comments: