Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

taken in my backyard. yeah, no Halloween costume :(
 trick or treat! 5 bags of candies to give out.
So we had our 3rd geog exam on Halloween today which was kinda sad. Our professor gave each and every one of us this little "spider ring". So i hooked it on my pencil. Cool isn't it:) On another note, I have an Anatomy lab exam (on MUSCLES) tomorrow and i'm currently memorizing the different anatomical structures, markings or landmarks of the muscles on a model, including the various functions. (Muscles of the head, neck, chest, back, abdomen, shoulder, arm, forearm, hip, thigh and leg.) I swear it's a lot of work. But I've been using pictures, drawings, diagrams and watching videos on Youtube to make my own study guide and help me identify the markings better.

I've been talking to myself in the shower every single day. (obviously about the muscles + the functions) Obviously there were no one around me or else they might think that i'm nuts. But no, i'm just trying to drill and remember the little information. I feel that repetition is the key for being able to retain and recall what you've learned. I usually do last min studying because i spent most of my time gathering and preparing study aids and guides, but i will try to change this bad habit and learn to study on a regular basis so that i do not have to wait till the night before the exam and cram all the information in. I feel that knowing and understanding the material is very important rather than just storing it in your short term memory. So talking about lab, this is important since much of what I've learnt in lab builds on itself as the semester proceeds so if i forget what I've learned earlier i'll have twice as much to learn for the next practical.

So.....Best of luck to me!

ps: i just realised that most of my blog posts are about school. Gosh :/ It's gonna be hell boring and dry for the readers right? it's time for me to think of something more interesting to write other than school!. Well.... Sometimes i don't even know if  anybody reads my blog. Probably no one, only myself. lol.

will update again!

No comments: