These are my cards/letters from my pri/sec school friends/cousins that i've kept for years and it has been very important for me. I think there are over hundreds of them. I've been writing letters to my Geylang methodist primary school friends very often for Years ever since i transferred to Hougang primary school in 2004. I love to collect all of these in a box, and knowing within the stack of cards/letters are those written from loved ones, gives me great comfort. There are moments when it is nice to reflect back on a challenging time and read the cards/ letters that was sent and remember what we've been through during those days.
I did not bring them over to the US as i thought i would have this chance to be able to go back to my home in SG, however my family will be coming over to the US next week and my SG home will be rented out to a family. So since June, i've been telling my mum to keep those lovely cards of mine and she kept telling me "I did not see those cards in your room" How could she not see it when it is clearly kept in one of my shelf? How could it have just disappeared like that?
I literally started tearing after my bro told me this " Since may, dad have been coming to your room very often to clear whatever stuffs away. (thinking that i do not want those stuffs anymore)." Because we'll be shipping so many stuffs over to the states, our weight is limited. So obviously my dad thinks that those cards/letters are trash/ meant to be thrown away since he doesn't know how to appreciate this kinda lovely things. Some of my items arrived here in a big box, which includes my clothes, some accessories, caps, belts, watches etc. But. not all stuffs are here. Probably just half of it?! My mum said that she had given some clothes to the Salvation army / karangguni man and those are the useless/ugly ones. That i'm fine with it. But i'm sad to know that some of my favorite floral skirts were given away too. wth. And where are all my Makeup sets? I have tons of eyeshadows from Mac/ maybelline, mascaras and a couple of earrings, necklace. All gone. it's like tz bought me this swarovski necklace for my birthday (I've have not worn it before) and where the hell is it at right now?! My mum said she did not see any of those stuffs in my room! My mum said that my maid could have taken it all away thinking that i do not want it anymore because i left those behind. I just feel so sad knowing that all of my precious stuffs are all gone. just in a snap.
I'm never gonna entrust my stuff to my parents again. I hate it when my mum kept saying that she did not see this/ that when it is clearly THERE in my room. Do you know how much i wanted to buy a freaking air ticket to go back to singapore to get all my stuffs back since they're not being helpful?! I wish but i could not. At least they could have just ask me if i still want this or that instead of making decisions for me such as discarding it or giving it away. sighhh it's too late.
:'(
No comments:
Post a Comment