Wednesday, June 6, 2012

days like this

I have lab activity on mondays tuesdays and wednesdays and i kinda love it! oh we have to do lab reports EVERYDAY now. 
Here are my lab activities the past 2 days.
Mon- Is the water hard or soft?
(Determine hardness/softness of 3 water samples)
Tues- What's in the bottles? 
(Have to find out which 5 salt is in which 5 bottles haha.)
Today- Factors affecting intensity of colours
(create dilutions for Red/green/blue ink with distilled water and place it in the colourimeter to measure the intensity of light passing through it)

I hate using Microsoft excel. I pretty much hate using it when i was in RP (math class). I find it really complicated that i always have ask Angeline to send me her graphs. haha.
But lab activities was really fun, i DID NOT do any of these in secondary school before. All these stuffs are new to me!


This was a chart i created on an activity last week on pH probe. Haha we had to use the pH meter to test out the how acidic the household items are. pH meter was freaking cool! That is how i got the values. In secondary school we use litmus paper right haha! Oh i love this lab cos every group has a laptop. In sec school, NO WAY. haha.

And we have to do a write up on this pH activity, and the instructor said we could include creative charts. I did on this one. (just for fun) haha.

So today i did the intensity of colours and i have to plot 9 graphs altogether in Microsoft excel and transfer to Microsoft words for my lab report. I shall get things started right now........

cya:)

No comments: